Inman Family Chiropractic Blog

Ever wonder why different chiropractors practice different ways?

Many people are surprised to learn that there are numerous methods, styles,
etc. that chiropractors used to adjust their patients.

At Inman Family Chiropractic, we primarily use the Gonstead system, as we
believe it provides the quickest and most lasting results.

Here are a few facts about the Gonstead method that we think you will find
useful!

The Gonstead system was developed by Clarence S. Gonstead over 55 years and
4 million adjustments. Before becoming a chiropractor, Dr. Gonstead was an
automotive engineer!

Gonstead saw chiropractic as more than just bone setting. Instead, he
created this system by approaching it with a true scientific method --
using the biomechanical principals of physics. Because of this, performing
Gonstead-specific adjustments takes additional study and practice.

A major difference that you might notice between a Gonstead chiropractor
and others is in the spinal assessment. My spinal assessments are a series
of five steps that I use to make sure I provide the most accurate
adjustment possible. These five steps include:

Visualization--I visually look for even subtle changes in your movement
and posture.
Instrumentation--I run a Nervoscope down your spine. The Nervoscope
detects uneven distributions in heat, which are indicators of
inflammation and nerve pressure.
Static Palpation--I feel your spine while you remain in a stationary
position. I am looking for swelling, tenderness, or other abnormal
tightness or textures.
Motion Palpation--I feel your spine while I move or bend it at different
angles. This helps me to determine how easily your body is moving.
X-Ray Analysis--I take and analyze x-rays of your spine. This allows me
to see your entire spine and any misalignments you might have.

This extra analysis and work come together to provide additional benefit to
the patient in the end because I can get to the true source of your spinal
problems. For example, if a lower portion of the spine is misaligned, I am
able to zone in on and adjust the specific misalignment, which could be in
both the lower and upper areas of your spine.

You can learn more about Gonstead by clicking here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home